B&W HTM72 S3 Overview
If you’re looking for a center channel speaker that delivers pristine, standout performance in a smaller room, look no further than the new Bowers & Wilkins HTM72 S3 ($1,500). This two-way passive ported speaker is ideal for pairing with the rest of the 700 Series range to create an immersive home cinema system.
Its compact design makes it an excellent fit for rooms that don’t have much room for a full-sized center channel. Its curved front panel and slimmer cabinet reduce diffraction, which helps to keep coloration and distortion to a minimum.
The centre channel is complemented by the carbon-dome tweeter on the top of each speaker, raising its breakup threshold to 47kHz for precise imaging accuracy and rich, nuanced detail. The driver is mounted in a pod that ensures it’s properly positioned in the curved panel, technology taken from B&W’s 800 Series Diamond speakers.
B&W HTM72 S3 Features
This means a lot of power can be put to work in the centre channel, reducing distortion and improving bass response. The speaker also includes a rear-firing Flowport, which is engineered to dissipate friction and improve efficiency. It can be dialed into your liking by inserting a supplied two-piece foam port plug, and it’s fitted with dual gold-plated binding-post terminals that complement the speaker’s aesthetic.
A solid-body Tweeter-on-Top arrangement with a carbon-dome tweeter has featured across the previous 700 Series ranges, but this new family has had its design tweaked for improved sonics and looks. The tweeter pods have been extended to provide a larger loading tube for dissipating the rear waves, boosting the power that can be put to work in the center channel.
Another important change is the Aerofoil Profile Continuum cone Mid/Bass drivers, which use a composite sandwich of materials with a carefully formed variable profile to deliver cleaner bass without sacrificing soundtracking detail. It avoids the abrupt transitions in behavior that can impair the drive unit’s performance and delivers more pronounced bass and deeper levels of low-end extension than traditional metal-cone drive units.
B&W HTM72 S3 Specifications
Dimensions Height: 166.5mm (6.6 in)
Width: 480mm (18.9 in)
Depth: 260mm (10.2 in) cabinet only
275mm (10.8 in) including grille and terminals
Net weight 9.11kg (20.1 lb)
Technical features Decoupled Carbon Dome tweeter
Continuum™ cone bass / midrange
Description 2-way vented-box system Drive units 1x ø25mm (1 in) Decoupled Carbon Dome high-frequency
2x ø130mm (5 in) Continuum cone bass / midrange
Frequency range -6dB at 48Hz and 33kHz Frequency response 70Hz - 28kHz ±3dB Sensitivity 87dB spl (2.83Vrms, 1m) Harmonic distortion 2nd and 3rd harmonics (90dB, 1m)
<1% 100Hz - 22kHz
<0.5% 200Hz - 22kHz
Nominal impedance 8Ω (minimum 4.3Ω) Recommended amplifier power 30W - 120W into 8Ω on unclipped programme
Cabinet finishes Gloss Black
Grille finishes Black
Shipping Related Questions
It depends on where you are and what you are ordering. All types of speakers will take minimum 4-5 business days as per the delivery location. Products that are not magnetic can be delivered faster if customer agrees to bear air-freight cost.
At AV Kart, we work with reliable logistic partners to handle the deliveries of your expensive Hi-Fi products. 99% of all our deliveries happen smoothly across PAN India. However, at the times of unfortunate events when the delivered item has incurred any sort of damage, AV Kart gaurantees immediate replacement for the same without any questions asked.
Please note that if the transit damage is limited to the packaging e.g. tampered boxes or broken thermocols then the product is not eligible for replacement until and unless there's any technical issue with it internally.
Product Related Questions
At AV Kart, we have a very limited inventory of Hi-Fi brands and that's becayse we have authorised dealerships for all the brands and products you see on our website. Every product is sourced from their respective official Indian distributors. Hence, whatever products you are going to order from us will be certainly 100% original. We always urge our customers to request proof of dealership from any online sellers before buying anything online to ensure that you get the due warranties and service support.
Return and replacement both the options are not available in standard scenarios. However, If only the product you have received is faulty and the replacement is taking more than 3-4 weeks, we will accept the return and refund 100% amount. If the waiting period for replacement is within 4 weeks then we will try to supply our customers a standby product until the original one gets replaced.
Why Choose AV Kart?
There are many online stores nowadays who are selling Hi-Fi equipment. Some of them even displays lucrative disounts but here's how AV Kart is different from them -
- Authorization - We are authorised dealers of each and every brand listed on our store. You will get proper service support and warranty on all the purchased products. You can always ask us for proof of dealerships for all of the listed brands.
- Expertise - We are among the only few online stores having years of experience with Hi-Fi equipment. You can ask us anything about your Hi-Fi home theater setup and you will get the right answer then and there. We have years of hands on experience working with top high-fidelity AV brands.
- On-Site Installation - We offer on-site installation in all the metro cities within 48 hours with the help of our channel partners which are spread across the country. From a single projector to complete home cinema setup, our team can service you at your doorstep.
- After Sales Support - The only issue with Hi-Fi equipment is that you will not find local service centers in every city. Most of the brands have their service centers only in the metro cities and hence it becomes difficult for the customers who are living far away places to claim warranty. At AV Kart, we solve this problem by arranging pikcup and drop facility from the nearest service center with the help of our logistic partners.
- Telephonic Support - In the instances when you buy any product and install it yourself but facing troubles with using it? You can book a call/video call with us to understand the operations of your new equipment.