Emotiva TA1 Overview
Originally established in the mid-'90s by Dan Laufman, Emotiva was borne out of frustration with the audio industry's tendency to push its products up the price spectrum. As a factory-direct seller, it hasn't been shy about cutting out middlemen and slashing prices.
The BasX TA1 is a high-performance stereo preamplifier with an FM tuner, inputs for line-level analog sources, and a built-in DAC with plenty of digital inputs, including S/PDIF coaxial (RCA), optical (TosLink) and USB (Type-B) connections that handle PCM up to 24-bit/192kHz. It's a surprisingly capable entry-level model that will appeal to anyone who doesn't want to break the bank or spend much time fiddling with settings.
Emotiva TA1 Features
One of the key defining features of the TA1 is its intelligent Volume control, which remembers the levels you set on its headphone output and main outputs independently. This avoids any annoyances that can arise when changing your headphones or speakers' volume levels, and you can adjust the Bass and Treble controls for added precision as well.
Other key features of the TA1 include an MM/MC phono stage, an FM tuner, 60 WPC Class A/B amplification into 8 ohms, and a powerful, toroidal-transformer-based power supply that will deliver excellent sound quality from almost any pair of stereo speakers.
The TA1's build quality is also impressive, with an aluminum faceplate and a heavy steel 2RU chassis. It has a brushed finish and a front panel that's illuminated by a blue VFD display, as well as an illuminated volume/menu/tuning knob. It's a very slick design that's also sturdy and looks good on any shelf, so if you're looking for an inexpensive entry-level integrated amplifier with a huge feature set, the TA1 is worth considering.
Bluetooth connectivity is another of TA1's many strengths. It supports Qualcomm's aptX and aptX HD codecs, as well as AAC for Android devices.
With Bluetooth, you can wirelessly stream music to your TA1 from your mobile device. It's a great way to listen to your favorite tracks without having to haul out an external media player, and it's an extremely easy process.
Emotiva TA1 Specifications
Analog Performance (line level)
|Maximum output level:||4 VRMS.|
|Frequency response:||5 Hz to 50 kHz +/- 0.04 dB.|
|IMD:||< 0.004% (SMPTE).|
|S/N ratio:||> 120 dB.|
|Crosstalk:||< 90 dB.|
Analog Performance (speaker outputs)
|Minimum load impedance:||
|Frequency response:||20 Hz to 20 kHz +/- 0.15 dB; 5 Hz to 80 kHz +0/-1.8 dB.|
|Frequency response:|| 5 Hz to 20 kHz +/- 0.15 dB (44k sample rate).
5 Hz to 80 kHz +/- 0.25 dB (192k sample rate).
|THD+noise:||< 0.003% (A-weighted; all sample rates).|
|IMD:||< 0.007% (SMPTE).|
17” wide x 2-5/8” high x 12-1/2” deep (unboxed; without connectors).
21” long x 7” high x 17-1/2” deep (boxed).
15 lbs (unboxed).
20 lbs (boxed).
Shipping Related Questions
It depends on where you are and what you are ordering. All types of speakers will take minimum 4-5 business days as per the delivery location. Products that are not magnetic can be delivered faster if customer agrees to bear air-freight cost.
At AV Kart, we work with reliable logistic partners to handle the deliveries of your expensive Hi-Fi products. 99% of all our deliveries happen smoothly across PAN India. However, at the times of unfortunate events when the delivered item has incurred any sort of damage, AV Kart gaurantees immediate replacement for the same without any questions asked.
Please note that if the transit damage is limited to the packaging e.g. tampered boxes or broken thermocols then the product is not eligible for replacement until and unless there's any technical issue with it internally.
Product Related Questions
At AV Kart, we have a very limited inventory of Hi-Fi brands and that's becayse we have authorised dealerships for all the brands and products you see on our website. Every product is sourced from their respective official Indian distributors. Hence, whatever products you are going to order from us will be certainly 100% original. We always urge our customers to request proof of dealership from any online sellers before buying anything online to ensure that you get the due warranties and service support.
Return and replacement both the options are not available in standard scenarios. However, If only the product you have received is faulty and the replacement is taking more than 3-4 weeks, we will accept the return and refund 100% amount. If the waiting period for replacement is within 4 weeks then we will try to supply our customers a standby product until the original one gets replaced.
Why Choose AV Kart?
There are many online stores nowadays who are selling Hi-Fi equipment. Some of them even displays lucrative disounts but here's how AV Kart is different from them -
- Authorization - We are authorised dealers of each and every brand listed on our store. You will get proper service support and warranty on all the purchased products. You can always ask us for proof of dealerships for all of the listed brands.
- Expertise - We are among the only few online stores having years of experience with Hi-Fi equipment. You can ask us anything about your Hi-Fi home theater setup and you will get the right answer then and there. We have years of hands on experience working with top high-fidelity AV brands.
- On-Site Installation - We offer on-site installation in all the metro cities within 48 hours with the help of our channel partners which are spread across the country. From a single projector to complete home cinema setup, our team can service you at your doorstep.
- After Sales Support - The only issue with Hi-Fi equipment is that you will not find local service centers in every city. Most of the brands have their service centers only in the metro cities and hence it becomes difficult for the customers who are living far away places to claim warranty. At AV Kart, we solve this problem by arranging pikcup and drop facility from the nearest service center with the help of our logistic partners.
- Telephonic Support - In the instances when you buy any product and install it yourself but facing troubles with using it? You can book a call/video call with us to understand the operations of your new equipment.