Episode ES-HT950 Overview
This Episode® 900 Series In-Wall Home Theater Speaker represents our best thinking on the subject of speaker design. The absolute best components have been combined with a 3-way system design to deliver best-in-class performance. A 4.65” ribbon provides amazing clarity and detail while our larger dual 7” NCS woofers deliver an over-the-top experience that can only come from Episode.
The sealed enclosure is made from sturdy 3/4" MDF that has been rigidly braced to keep out unwanted resonances. This design may cost more than traditional infinite baffle designs, but it results in consistent performance that is more predictable from speaker to speaker, making these HT900s easier to integrate into any home theater system.
Episode ES-HT950 Features
The 900 Series in-walls from SnapAV are designed to deliver top-notch surround sound without the cost and hassle of building custom home theater speakers. The 900 LCR retails for $799 each and can be wall-mounted using keyhole-style mounts, affixed to an existing cabinet, or installed out in the open atop a dedicated stand.
Inside the sealed enclosure are a 5.25" tri-layer honey cob cone midrange and dual 7" Natural Cell Structure woofers with aluminum phase plugs, high-temperature voice coils, and neodymium magnet structures. The tweeter is a premium 4.65" Kapton ribbon that provides unsurpassed sensitivity, frequency response, and linearity. To optimize imaging, Episode's engineers tuned the dispersion pattern to provide wide horizontal coverage to place everyone in the sweet spot, while limiting vertical dispersion to reduce reflections from ceiling and floor surfaces.
Front-mounted passive tone contour switches provide easy adjustments for both the woofers and tweeter to compensate for room acoustics. There is a Screen EQ switch that boosts frequencies above 3 kHz to compensate for the high-frequency roll-off caused by mounting behind perforated movie screens and other acoustically absorbent material, while the Boundary Compensation switch rolls off bass frequencies below 80 Hz to allow placement close to the side and rear walls without affecting the overall balance of the system.
Episode ES-HT950 Specifications
|Frequency Response||65 Hz - 40 kHz|
|Adjustments||Woofer, Mid-range, Tweeter|
|Connectors||Gold Plated Spring-Loaded Binding Posts|
|Cutout Dimensions (W x H)||28.2" x 11.2"|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||12.62" x 29.63" x 4.56"|
|Crossover Frequency||525 Hz, 2.2 kHz|
|Speaker Grille||Magnetically Held, Steel Perf Mesh|
|Midrange||Dual 4.65" Ribbons - Kapton Film with Aluminum Conductor Traces and Neodymium Magnet|
|Nominal Impedance||6 Ohm|
|Tweeter||Dual 4" Tri-layer Honeycomb Cones with High Temp Voice Coils|
|Voice Coil||High Temp 1" Voice Coil|
|Woofer||6-1/2" NCS Cone, Aluminum Phase Bullet|
You may also like
Learn with AV KartDive In
Shipping Related Questions
It depends on where you are and what you are ordering. All types of speakers will take minimum 4-5 business days as per the delivery location. Products that are not magnetic can be delivered faster if customer agrees to bear air-freight cost.
At AV Kart, we work with reliable logistic partners to handle the deliveries of your expensive Hi-Fi products. 99% of all our deliveries happen smoothly across PAN India. However, at the times of unfortunate events when the delivered item has incurred any sort of damage, AV Kart gaurantees immediate replacement for the same without any questions asked.
Please note that if the transit damage is limited to the packaging e.g. tampered boxes or broken thermocols then the product is not eligible for replacement until and unless there's any technical issue with it internally.
Product Related Questions
At AV Kart, we have a very limited inventory of Hi-Fi brands and that's becayse we have authorised dealerships for all the brands and products you see on our website. Every product is sourced from their respective official Indian distributors. Hence, whatever products you are going to order from us will be certainly 100% original. We always urge our customers to request proof of dealership from any online sellers before buying anything online to ensure that you get the due warranties and service support.
Return and replacement both the options are not available in standard scenarios. However, If only the product you have received is faulty and the replacement is taking more than 3-4 weeks, we will accept the return and refund 100% amount. If the waiting period for replacement is within 4 weeks then we will try to supply our customers a standby product until the original one gets replaced.
Why Choose AV Kart?
There are many online stores nowadays who are selling Hi-Fi equipment. Some of them even displays lucrative disounts but here's how AV Kart is different from them -
- Authorization - We are authorised dealers of each and every brand listed on our store. You will get proper service support and warranty on all the purchased products. You can always ask us for proof of dealerships for all of the listed brands.
- Expertise - We are among the only few online stores having years of experience with Hi-Fi equipment. You can ask us anything about your Hi-Fi home theater setup and you will get the right answer then and there. We have years of hands on experience working with top high-fidelity AV brands.
- On-Site Installation - We offer on-site installation in all the metro cities within 48 hours with the help of our channel partners which are spread across the country. From a single projector to complete home cinema setup, our team can service you at your doorstep.
- After Sales Support - The only issue with Hi-Fi equipment is that you will not find local service centers in every city. Most of the brands have their service centers only in the metro cities and hence it becomes difficult for the customers who are living far away places to claim warranty. At AV Kart, we solve this problem by arranging pikcup and drop facility from the nearest service center with the help of our logistic partners.
- Telephonic Support - In the instances when you buy any product and install it yourself but facing troubles with using it? You can book a call/video call with us to understand the operations of your new equipment.