JBL S2S-EX Overview
The S2S-EX Studio Subwoofer is designed to deliver high output and extended low-frequency performance required in the production of today’s dynamic music and film soundtracks. Housed in a compact form factor, the S2S is the ideal choice for LFE (low-frequency extension) channel and bass management in a broad range of mixed environments. Employing a JBL W1500H 15” low-frequency transducer, the S2S-EX produces an in-room low-frequency response below 20 Hz. Kevlar-Kapok® rigid cone material delivers exceptional output free of coloration. JBL’s patented SlipStream™ low-frequency ports work in concert with the woofer to produce a deep bass response at all playback levels. The double-flared shape of the port is precisely engineered for greater low-frequency extension and reduced turbulence. Industrial-grade cabinetry with internal interlocking horizontal and vertical braces provides a strong, rigid enclosure. The S2S-EX can be oriented vertically or horizontally for installation flexibility.
JBL S2S-EX Features
Designed to deliver high output and extended low-frequency performance needed in today's dynamic music and film soundtracks, the patented SlipStream(tm) port technology pairs with a 15'' (380mm) cast-frame JBL W1500H woofer to produce in-room lows that are deep, crisp, and free of coloration. The ingenious Kevlar(r)-Kapok material in the woofer cone delivers the rigidity needed to reproduce the low frequencies of your favorite films and songs with a fidelity that is hard to match.
JBL S2S-EX is also a direct fit replacement for older S2S subwoofers in existing systems, giving multi-channel systems the bass they are looking for.
- W1500H transducer with 15” (380mm) Kevlar®-Kapok reinforced cone
- Symmetrical Field Geometry™ motor structure
- Super-Vented GAP™ cooling (patent no. 5,042,072)
- Specially optimized dual SlipStream™ ports (patent no.7,711,134)
- Industrial cabinetry with interlocking internal braces 3200-watt peak power capacity
- Frequency response down to 20Hz
- Grille included
- Vertical or horizontal orientation
- Front ported enclosure for easy installation as built-in
- Retrofittable in current S2S applications
JBL S2S-EX Specifications
|15" Passive Subwoofer with dual front-firing ports
|Frequency Response (±3 dB)
|22Hz – 400Hz
|Peak Power Capacity
|Maximum Peak SPL
|93dB (1 watt at 1 meter) @ 60Hz
|Amplifier Power Rating
|15" Kevlar®-Kapok cone transducer (Model: W1500H)
|Dimensions (H x W x D)
|27.5" x 21" x 15" (16.6" with grille)(699mm x 533mm x 381mm) (432mm with grille)
|Net Weight (each)
|Dual 5-way binding posts
|1-inch MDF with 3/4-inch bracing
Shipping Related Questions
It depends on where you are and what you are ordering. All types of speakers will take minimum 4-5 business days as per the delivery location. Products that are not magnetic can be delivered faster if customer agrees to bear air-freight cost.
At AV Kart, we work with reliable logistic partners to handle the deliveries of your expensive Hi-Fi products. 99% of all our deliveries happen smoothly across PAN India. However, at the times of unfortunate events when the delivered item has incurred any sort of damage, AV Kart gaurantees immediate replacement for the same without any questions asked.
Please note that if the transit damage is limited to the packaging e.g. tampered boxes or broken thermocols then the product is not eligible for replacement until and unless there's any technical issue with it internally.
Product Related Questions
At AV Kart, we have a very limited inventory of Hi-Fi brands and that's becayse we have authorised dealerships for all the brands and products you see on our website. Every product is sourced from their respective official Indian distributors. Hence, whatever products you are going to order from us will be certainly 100% original. We always urge our customers to request proof of dealership from any online sellers before buying anything online to ensure that you get the due warranties and service support.
Return and replacement both the options are not available in standard scenarios. However, If only the product you have received is faulty and the replacement is taking more than 3-4 weeks, we will accept the return and refund 100% amount. If the waiting period for replacement is within 4 weeks then we will try to supply our customers a standby product until the original one gets replaced.
Why Choose AV Kart?
There are many online stores nowadays who are selling Hi-Fi equipment. Some of them even displays lucrative disounts but here's how AV Kart is different from them -
- Authorization - We are authorised dealers of each and every brand listed on our store. You will get proper service support and warranty on all the purchased products. You can always ask us for proof of dealerships for all of the listed brands.
- Expertise - We are among the only few online stores having years of experience with Hi-Fi equipment. You can ask us anything about your Hi-Fi home theater setup and you will get the right answer then and there. We have years of hands on experience working with top high-fidelity AV brands.
- On-Site Installation - We offer on-site installation in all the metro cities within 48 hours with the help of our channel partners which are spread across the country. From a single projector to complete home cinema setup, our team can service you at your doorstep.
- After Sales Support - The only issue with Hi-Fi equipment is that you will not find local service centers in every city. Most of the brands have their service centers only in the metro cities and hence it becomes difficult for the customers who are living far away places to claim warranty. At AV Kart, we solve this problem by arranging pikcup and drop facility from the nearest service center with the help of our logistic partners.
- Telephonic Support - In the instances when you buy any product and install it yourself but facing troubles with using it? You can book a call/video call with us to understand the operations of your new equipment.