B&W ASW610XP Overview
Dynamic Range: The ASW610XP has an impressive dynamic range of 98dB at 2 meters from the front of the subwoofer. This is an excellent rating for a single 10-inch driver in a sealed alignment.
EQ Curves and Extension Settings: The ASW610XP comes with two EQ curves and three different extension settings to boost or cut the low frequencies depending on the application. The EQ curves can be altered manually or with a simple touch of a button on the remote control.
It’s a good idea to test the woofer in your room before you buy it, so you know exactly what to expect from it. The best way to do this is to conduct a test in your room with your existing speakers and your subwoofer, and then compare the results of both to see how well they perform.
B&W ASW610XP Featues
Custom Design Long Throw Driver: The ASW610XP’s long-throw 250mm driver allows it to move the large volumes of air needed for high-quality low-frequency output. In addition, the unit’s audiophile-standard 500W Class D amplifier keeps it running cool even when the music or movie action is whipping up a storm.
Acoustic Suspension Type Cabinet: The ASW610XP’s acoustic suspension style of enclosure, or sealed-box design, provides a more accurate and tight bass response than ported designs. Also, the sealed-box design reduces vibrational noise, helping to minimize unwanted distortion and eddies in the sound.
Kevlar Cone: A B&W staple since 1974, Kevlar maintains a more constant dispersion pattern throughout the entire range than any other cone material. This ensures that the ASW610XP delivers smooth, controlled bass, even when you push it to its limits.
Powerful 500 Watt Amp: Powered by a gutsy 500 Watt Class D amplifier, the ASW610XP is a force to be reckoned with in larger rooms. It’s the most powerful of the three subwoofers in the 600 Series, delivering a punchy, powerful, and dynamic sound.
Built to the highest standards of Bowers & Wilkins craftsmanship, the ASW610XP is finished in Matte Black and will add a touch of sophistication to any home theater or stereo system. It’s easy to pair with any Bowers & Wilkins speakers, and the combination will provide you with a clean, crisp, and detailed sound.
The ASW610XP has many features and settings to help you customize the performance of your unit. These include a variable low-pass filter (LFP), a phase 0/180 adjustment, an A- or Use B-setting equalizer, and a bass roll-off setting.
Frequency Response: The ASW610XP is able to reach down to 25Hz with the aid of its 1 x 10-inch driver and 500 watts RMS amplifier. This is not enough to offer a full range of sound between 20Hz and 2kHz but it gets very close to this mark.
B&W ASW610XP Specfications
|Dimensions||Height: 325mm (12.8in) not including feet or spikes
337mm (13.3in) including feet
353mm (13.9in) including spikes
Width: 325mm (12.8in)
Depth: 348mm (13.68in) not including grilles
375mm (14.8in) including grilles and controls
|Net weight||18.65kg (41.12 lb)|
|Technical features||Input level (line in)
Input level (speaker in)
Low-pass filter frequency (line in only)
Low-pass filter bypass
Bass roll-off alignment
Auto sense on / standby
|Description||The active closed-box subwoofer system|
|Drive units||ø250mm (10 in) Paper / Aramid fibre cone long-throw|
|Frequency range||-6dB at 18Hz and 25 / 140Hz adjustable (EQ at A)|
|Frequency response||±3dB 25Hz – 40 / 140Hz adjustable (EQ at A)|
|Bass extension||-6dB at 18Hz (position A)
-6dB at 23Hz (position B)
-6dB at 28Hz (position C)
|Amplifier power output||500W|
|Power consumption||98W / 1W standby|
|Signal / Noise||>80dB|
|Inputs||Line in (RCA Phono)
The speaker in (Binding post)
12v trigger (3.5mm jack)
Active 4th-order, variable cut-off frequency
Shipping Related Questions
It depends on where you are and what you are ordering. All types of speakers will take minimum 4-5 business days as per the delivery location. Products that are not magnetic can be delivered faster if customer agrees to bear air-freight cost.
At AV Kart, we work with reliable logistic partners to handle the deliveries of your expensive Hi-Fi products. 99% of all our deliveries happen smoothly across PAN India. However, at the times of unfortunate events when the delivered item has incurred any sort of damage, AV Kart gaurantees immediate replacement for the same without any questions asked.
Please note that if the transit damage is limited to the packaging e.g. tampered boxes or broken thermocols then the product is not eligible for replacement until and unless there's any technical issue with it internally.
Product Related Questions
At AV Kart, we have a very limited inventory of Hi-Fi brands and that's becayse we have authorised dealerships for all the brands and products you see on our website. Every product is sourced from their respective official Indian distributors. Hence, whatever products you are going to order from us will be certainly 100% original. We always urge our customers to request proof of dealership from any online sellers before buying anything online to ensure that you get the due warranties and service support.
Return and replacement both the options are not available in standard scenarios. However, If only the product you have received is faulty and the replacement is taking more than 3-4 weeks, we will accept the return and refund 100% amount. If the waiting period for replacement is within 4 weeks then we will try to supply our customers a standby product until the original one gets replaced.
Why Choose AV Kart?
There are many online stores nowadays who are selling Hi-Fi equipment. Some of them even displays lucrative disounts but here's how AV Kart is different from them -
- Authorization - We are authorised dealers of each and every brand listed on our store. You will get proper service support and warranty on all the purchased products. You can always ask us for proof of dealerships for all of the listed brands.
- Expertise - We are among the only few online stores having years of experience with Hi-Fi equipment. You can ask us anything about your Hi-Fi home theater setup and you will get the right answer then and there. We have years of hands on experience working with top high-fidelity AV brands.
- On-Site Installation - We offer on-site installation in all the metro cities within 48 hours with the help of our channel partners which are spread across the country. From a single projector to complete home cinema setup, our team can service you at your doorstep.
- After Sales Support - The only issue with Hi-Fi equipment is that you will not find local service centers in every city. Most of the brands have their service centers only in the metro cities and hence it becomes difficult for the customers who are living far away places to claim warranty. At AV Kart, we solve this problem by arranging pikcup and drop facility from the nearest service center with the help of our logistic partners.
- Telephonic Support - In the instances when you buy any product and install it yourself but facing troubles with using it? You can book a call/video call with us to understand the operations of your new equipment.