JBL HDI-1600 Overview
The JBL HDI-1600 is a bookshelf speaker that is part of JBL's new HDi series. This lineup of speakers combines traits from their studio monitors and more contemporary home speaker lineups to create a line of speakers that have a unique sound that is reminiscent of horn-loaded designs.
It also helps to smooth the transition between the woofer and the compression driver so that the sound is more coherent overall. The horn-loaded opening is made from a polymer called Teonex and it is this material that provides the compression driver with a lot of the strength it needs to deliver excellent sound with minimal distortion.
This design is a new one for JBL, and it is based on the research and development of their acclaimed HDI (High Definition Imaging) waveguide system. The HDI waveguide geometry was developed after intense research into nuances of waveguide design to provide a uniform directivity pattern that smooths the transition between the high and low frequencies. The result is a spherical soundstage that is very cohesive and accurate, especially with the addition of a subwoofer.
JBL HDI-1600 Features
The HDI-1600 features a 6.5-inch advanced aluminum matrix woofer to provide accurate bass with a long throw voice coil for high output and low distortion. The woofer is housed in a rounded cabinet and heavily braced to eliminate sound-muddying vibrations from adversely affecting audio quality.
It is designed and engineered in JBL's world-famous acoustic engineering facility in Northridge, California. The HDI-1600 bookshelf loudspeaker incorporates the patented HDI (High Definition Imaging) waveguide technology, as well as a patented 2410H-2 1-inch (25mm) compression driver and a 6.5-inch advanced aluminum matrix cone woofer for powerful dynamics and incredibly accurate sound reproduction.
This speaker also utilizes a sophisticated curved design to ensure a sleek, modern appearance that is sure to complement any room in your home. The cabinet has no visible fasteners and comes in a variety of premium finishes including automotive-grade high gloss black paint, or furniture-grade satin walnut or gray oak wood veneers.
Another feature of the HDI-1600 is a unique high-frequency compression driver that combines aspects from JBL's studio monitors with their more contemporary line of speakers to produce a speaker that has a unique sound that is reminiscent of those horn-loaded designs we all remember from the past. The compression driver itself is a single voice coil, the ring-shaped driver that is made from a polymer called Teonex.
In comparison to a typical dome tweeter, the compression driver provides approximately 20dB more headroom, which helps with accurate sound reproduction when driving high-powered amplifiers. This makes it an excellent choice for the HDI-1600, and a great alternative to many other high-end speakers on the market today that have dome tweeters.
The HDI-1600 has a number of other great features as well, including a 1-inch Teonex compression driver and a horn-loaded opening that functions as a waveguide for the Teonex. It is this waveguide that allows the compression driver to perform at a higher level than traditional drivers that are commonly used in studio monitors.
JBL HDI-1600 Specifications
|Bass-reflex design with a rear-firing port
|1-inch (25mm) Teonex compression driver
|6.5-inch (165mm) black Advanced Aluminum Matrix cone, cast frame woofer
|Sensitivity (2.83V @ 1M)
|Recommended Amplifier Power
|15W - 200W
|40Hz – 30kHz (-6dB)
|14.57 x 9.06 x 11.375” (370.0 x 230 x 288.9mm)
Shipping Related Questions
It depends on where you are and what you are ordering. All types of speakers will take minimum 4-5 business days as per the delivery location. Products that are not magnetic can be delivered faster if customer agrees to bear air-freight cost.
At AV Kart, we work with reliable logistic partners to handle the deliveries of your expensive Hi-Fi products. 99% of all our deliveries happen smoothly across PAN India. However, at the times of unfortunate events when the delivered item has incurred any sort of damage, AV Kart gaurantees immediate replacement for the same without any questions asked.
Please note that if the transit damage is limited to the packaging e.g. tampered boxes or broken thermocols then the product is not eligible for replacement until and unless there's any technical issue with it internally.
Product Related Questions
At AV Kart, we have a very limited inventory of Hi-Fi brands and that's becayse we have authorised dealerships for all the brands and products you see on our website. Every product is sourced from their respective official Indian distributors. Hence, whatever products you are going to order from us will be certainly 100% original. We always urge our customers to request proof of dealership from any online sellers before buying anything online to ensure that you get the due warranties and service support.
Return and replacement both the options are not available in standard scenarios. However, If only the product you have received is faulty and the replacement is taking more than 3-4 weeks, we will accept the return and refund 100% amount. If the waiting period for replacement is within 4 weeks then we will try to supply our customers a standby product until the original one gets replaced.
Why Choose AV Kart?
There are many online stores nowadays who are selling Hi-Fi equipment. Some of them even displays lucrative disounts but here's how AV Kart is different from them -
- Authorization - We are authorised dealers of each and every brand listed on our store. You will get proper service support and warranty on all the purchased products. You can always ask us for proof of dealerships for all of the listed brands.
- Expertise - We are among the only few online stores having years of experience with Hi-Fi equipment. You can ask us anything about your Hi-Fi home theater setup and you will get the right answer then and there. We have years of hands on experience working with top high-fidelity AV brands.
- On-Site Installation - We offer on-site installation in all the metro cities within 48 hours with the help of our channel partners which are spread across the country. From a single projector to complete home cinema setup, our team can service you at your doorstep.
- After Sales Support - The only issue with Hi-Fi equipment is that you will not find local service centers in every city. Most of the brands have their service centers only in the metro cities and hence it becomes difficult for the customers who are living far away places to claim warranty. At AV Kart, we solve this problem by arranging pikcup and drop facility from the nearest service center with the help of our logistic partners.
- Telephonic Support - In the instances when you buy any product and install it yourself but facing troubles with using it? You can book a call/video call with us to understand the operations of your new equipment.