JBL L100 Classic Overview
In the 1970s, when many middle-class American households were outfitting their homes with high-fidelity Hi-Fi systems, the JBL L100 was a speaker that stood out in a crowd. Originally launched as a consumer version of the company's professional 4310 studio monitor, it quickly became their most popular model.
Despite being classified as a bookshelf speaker, the L100s were more than capable of handling low-frequency music. They could reproduce throbbing bass violins, electronic bass, and percussion with a rumble that felt as close to what a subwoofer would be able to do, even though they weren't designed to have one.
They also nailed the visceral lows in my favorite movie of all time, 'Tron: Legacy'. I remember hearing the thump of the percussion while watching this sci-fi film and being immediately struck by how the sound on the L100s was just right. The combination of the booming bass and the crisp mids made for an unforgettable soundtrack.
It's a great example of why the L100 is still a classic and why it will always have a special place in my heart. When it comes to a big-screen movie, there isn't much that can beat a good-quality soundtrack to go with it.
JBL L100 Classic Features
The L100s are also a great choice for music that is not usually played loud, such as jazz or pop songs. With the volume down they can produce a very detailed and natural sound, but they can easily be bumped up to make music that is pumped up quite a bit sound even better.
They also feature a woofer with an advanced 12" design that is said to be the best of its type from JBL. It's a big driver that can move a lot of air with minimum distortion and has a patented JBL Slip Stream low-frequency port for tight, linear response.
It also has a woven-composite 1" tweeter that offers an unmatched level of clarity, detail, and transparency. This combination makes the L100 Classic a great choice for anyone who wants to have great sound for the best price possible.
The JBL L100 is available in two different colors and a retro grill cover, as well as with black or blue Quadrex foam. It's a nice-looking and hefty speaker that will look great in any room. It also has a number of features that will make it very versatile, including the HF trim switch and the Boundary EQ which allow you to adjust its sonic response for the ideal fit in your home.
Shipping Related Questions
It depends on where you are and what you are ordering. All types of speakers will take minimum 4-5 business days as per the delivery location. Products that are not magnetic can be delivered faster if customer agrees to bear air-freight cost.
At AV Kart, we work with reliable logistic partners to handle the deliveries of your expensive Hi-Fi products. 99% of all our deliveries happen smoothly across PAN India. However, at the times of unfortunate events when the delivered item has incurred any sort of damage, AV Kart gaurantees immediate replacement for the same without any questions asked.
Please note that if the transit damage is limited to the packaging e.g. tampered boxes or broken thermocols then the product is not eligible for replacement until and unless there's any technical issue with it internally.
Product Related Questions
At AV Kart, we have a very limited inventory of Hi-Fi brands and that's becayse we have authorised dealerships for all the brands and products you see on our website. Every product is sourced from their respective official Indian distributors. Hence, whatever products you are going to order from us will be certainly 100% original. We always urge our customers to request proof of dealership from any online sellers before buying anything online to ensure that you get the due warranties and service support.
Return and replacement both the options are not available in standard scenarios. However, If only the product you have received is faulty and the replacement is taking more than 3-4 weeks, we will accept the return and refund 100% amount. If the waiting period for replacement is within 4 weeks then we will try to supply our customers a standby product until the original one gets replaced.
Why Choose AV Kart?
There are many online stores nowadays who are selling Hi-Fi equipment. Some of them even displays lucrative disounts but here's how AV Kart is different from them -
- Authorization - We are authorised dealers of each and every brand listed on our store. You will get proper service support and warranty on all the purchased products. You can always ask us for proof of dealerships for all of the listed brands.
- Expertise - We are among the only few online stores having years of experience with Hi-Fi equipment. You can ask us anything about your Hi-Fi home theater setup and you will get the right answer then and there. We have years of hands on experience working with top high-fidelity AV brands.
- On-Site Installation - We offer on-site installation in all the metro cities within 48 hours with the help of our channel partners which are spread across the country. From a single projector to complete home cinema setup, our team can service you at your doorstep.
- After Sales Support - The only issue with Hi-Fi equipment is that you will not find local service centers in every city. Most of the brands have their service centers only in the metro cities and hence it becomes difficult for the customers who are living far away places to claim warranty. At AV Kart, we solve this problem by arranging pikcup and drop facility from the nearest service center with the help of our logistic partners.
- Telephonic Support - In the instances when you buy any product and install it yourself but facing troubles with using it? You can book a call/video call with us to understand the operations of your new equipment.