JBL L82 Classic Overview
Designed in the same style as its big brother the L100 Classic, the compact two-way bookshelf speaker is an eye-catching design that will stand out in any home. A genuine walnut satin wood veneer cabinet adorned with Quadrex foam grilles in a choice of three vibrant colors gives the L82 Classic its vintage appearance, while its advanced acoustic technologies deliver an authentic and captivating sound.
The L82’s front-firing reflex bass port delivers deep, clean bass performance. The speaker is also equipped with a tweeter control that allows you to adjust the level of high frequencies from each of the speakers to your liking.
It’s worth pointing out that the L82’s treble isn’t particularly refined or sophisticated compared with its competitors from the likes of Klipsch and Heresy IV but it does have enough to make you smile. Despite this, the L82 Classic has a good, natural portrayal of upper octaves that make music come alive and give it the feel of being played live by musicians.
The L82 Classic is not a bad-sounding speaker, but it is not as universally appealing as the bigger L100 Classic. If you want to listen to music that is more complex or classically focused, then you will need a larger speaker such as the L100 Classic.
JBL L82 Classic Features
With a frequency range of 44-40kHz and a sensitivity of 88dB, the L82 Classic can handle an impressive amount of input from its two amplifiers. This makes it a great option for a home cinema system that does not require a subwoofer but still wants to produce a robust and powerful sound.
These two-way speakers have a hard dome tweeter and an 8-inch pulp cone woofer. The woofer is designed for lower frequencies and is powered by a dual magnet configuration that allows it to operate with less energy than a single coil driver.
The woofer is made from a coated cellulose material and its membrane is contoured to provide a dry, rich, and deep sound. This makes the woofer suitable for both home hi-fi and PA use, but it’s important to remember that the L82’s small size limits the frequency response of its bass reflex port.
You’ll find a squat base on the L82 that’s reminiscent of the squat stands used in the seventies. That’s why it’s the ideal partner for those seeking a modern take on a retro look, while those looking for more refined acoustics should stick with a pair of large floor-standing speakers.
A 25mm titanium dome tweeter with a waveguide, as found in the three-way L100 Classic, completes the midrange driver and supplies that smooth and accurate tone that’s been JBL’s trademark for years. Unchanged between the models, however, is the short acoustic guide that keeps the dome from straying too far from its optimum resonance point.
With a frequency of 1.7kHz, the L82’s tweeter takes on more of the workload than the one in the L100 Classic. That helps to boost the L82’s treble and gives the music its airy and bright personality.
JBL L82 Classic Specifications
|2-way bookshelf loudspeaker
|Low-Frequency Driver Size and Material
|8" (200mm) Pure Pulp cone woofer (JW200PW-6)
|High-Frequency Driver Size and Material
|1" (25mm) Titanium dome tweeter (JT025TI1-4)
|Recommended Amplifier Power
|25 - 150 WRMS
|88 dB (2.83V/1m)
|44 Hz-40 kHz (-6 dB)
|Genuine walnut veneer
|Dimensions with grille (H x W x D)
|18.61" x 11.06" x 12.42" (472.8mm x 281mm x 315.5mm)
|HF level control
|Five-way gold-plated binding posts
|27.9 lb (12.7 kg)
|64 lb (29 kg)
Shipping Related Questions
It depends on where you are and what you are ordering. All types of speakers will take minimum 4-5 business days as per the delivery location. Products that are not magnetic can be delivered faster if customer agrees to bear air-freight cost.
At AV Kart, we work with reliable logistic partners to handle the deliveries of your expensive Hi-Fi products. 99% of all our deliveries happen smoothly across PAN India. However, at the times of unfortunate events when the delivered item has incurred any sort of damage, AV Kart gaurantees immediate replacement for the same without any questions asked.
Please note that if the transit damage is limited to the packaging e.g. tampered boxes or broken thermocols then the product is not eligible for replacement until and unless there's any technical issue with it internally.
Product Related Questions
At AV Kart, we have a very limited inventory of Hi-Fi brands and that's becayse we have authorised dealerships for all the brands and products you see on our website. Every product is sourced from their respective official Indian distributors. Hence, whatever products you are going to order from us will be certainly 100% original. We always urge our customers to request proof of dealership from any online sellers before buying anything online to ensure that you get the due warranties and service support.
Return and replacement both the options are not available in standard scenarios. However, If only the product you have received is faulty and the replacement is taking more than 3-4 weeks, we will accept the return and refund 100% amount. If the waiting period for replacement is within 4 weeks then we will try to supply our customers a standby product until the original one gets replaced.
Why Choose AV Kart?
There are many online stores nowadays who are selling Hi-Fi equipment. Some of them even displays lucrative disounts but here's how AV Kart is different from them -
- Authorization - We are authorised dealers of each and every brand listed on our store. You will get proper service support and warranty on all the purchased products. You can always ask us for proof of dealerships for all of the listed brands.
- Expertise - We are among the only few online stores having years of experience with Hi-Fi equipment. You can ask us anything about your Hi-Fi home theater setup and you will get the right answer then and there. We have years of hands on experience working with top high-fidelity AV brands.
- On-Site Installation - We offer on-site installation in all the metro cities within 48 hours with the help of our channel partners which are spread across the country. From a single projector to complete home cinema setup, our team can service you at your doorstep.
- After Sales Support - The only issue with Hi-Fi equipment is that you will not find local service centers in every city. Most of the brands have their service centers only in the metro cities and hence it becomes difficult for the customers who are living far away places to claim warranty. At AV Kart, we solve this problem by arranging pikcup and drop facility from the nearest service center with the help of our logistic partners.
- Telephonic Support - In the instances when you buy any product and install it yourself but facing troubles with using it? You can book a call/video call with us to understand the operations of your new equipment.