JBL SSW-3 Overview
The SSW-3 is an in-wall subwoofer system designed to deliver powerful and accurate low-frequency responses while remaining hidden from view. It features dual 10-inch (250mm) cast-frame woofers mounted in a heavily-braced Sonoglass molded baffle and an MDF Enclosure that installs into standard 2x6 wood frame wall construction. The SSW-3 delivers solid performance in medium to large rooms.
In the absence of an SDA-4600, you can also use a single SDA-8300 amplifier to power up to eight SSW-3 subwoofers at 300W each. This amplifier is ideal for systems with a high number of channels, as it can handle an impressive 1200W per channel in bridged mode.
The SSW-3 features a unique combination of advanced technologies, including JBL's patented D2430K dual 3-inch diaphragm compression driver mated to a horn for unmatched clarity and realism. Its cast aluminum frame and long-throw cone/roll-edge/spider assembly provide a superior bass response that's designed to be a perfect match with the SCL-1 and SCL-2 loudspeakers in any large-scale home cinema or high channel count immersive audio deployment.
JBL SSW-3 Features
The SSW-3 is the step-up subwoofer in our in-wall series, offering a larger behind-the-drywall enclosure and dual 10-inch woofers. Designed to pair with our SCL-1 or SCL-2 loudspeakers, this sealed design delivers greater all-around performance for medium to large rooms.
Designed as a passive, in-wall subwoofer acoustically optimized for integration with any of the JBL Synthesis Custom Loudspeakers (SCL series), the SSW-3 delivers power handling of 600W RMS to complement any system. Its compression-molded baffle provides an ultra-rigid, low-resonance mounting surface for the dual 10-inch cast aluminum frame woofers. The woofers are suspended in the baffle and attached to an MDF enclosure, which installs into standard 2x6 wood frame wall construction.
The dual 10-inch drivers feature massive 2.5-inch voice coils, cast aluminum frames, and powerful motor structures that allow the SSW-3 to deliver a -6dB point of 20Hz and power handling of 600W RMS with an amplifier like our SDA-4600. These amplifiers are optimized to run the SSW-3 in bridged mode for optimal power handling and dynamics.
In addition to the SSW-3's large enclosure and dual 10-inch woofers, the SSW-3 also offers ten rubber isolation mounting points that minimize sonic intrusion into the wall structure. This acoustic separation is essential for creating an accurate and directional audio experience.
JBL SSW-3 Specifications
|Dual 10” (250mm) Passive In-wall Subwoofer
|Recommended Amplifier Power
|600 Watts RMS
|88dB (2.83V/1m), both woofers driven
|Mounting Cutout Size (W x H)
|15.5” x 66” (393.7 x 1676.4mm)
|81 lbs (36.75kg) per speaker
|20Hz - 150Hz (-6dB)
|4 Ohms nominal
|Back Box Enclosure Dimensions (H x W x D)
|64” x 14” x 5.1” (1626 x 356 x 130mm)
|Grille Size (W x H x D)
|16.89” x 28.425” x 0.375” (429 x 722 x 9.53mm)
Shipping Related Questions
It depends on where you are and what you are ordering. All types of speakers will take minimum 4-5 business days as per the delivery location. Products that are not magnetic can be delivered faster if customer agrees to bear air-freight cost.
At AV Kart, we work with reliable logistic partners to handle the deliveries of your expensive Hi-Fi products. 99% of all our deliveries happen smoothly across PAN India. However, at the times of unfortunate events when the delivered item has incurred any sort of damage, AV Kart gaurantees immediate replacement for the same without any questions asked.
Please note that if the transit damage is limited to the packaging e.g. tampered boxes or broken thermocols then the product is not eligible for replacement until and unless there's any technical issue with it internally.
Product Related Questions
At AV Kart, we have a very limited inventory of Hi-Fi brands and that's becayse we have authorised dealerships for all the brands and products you see on our website. Every product is sourced from their respective official Indian distributors. Hence, whatever products you are going to order from us will be certainly 100% original. We always urge our customers to request proof of dealership from any online sellers before buying anything online to ensure that you get the due warranties and service support.
Return and replacement both the options are not available in standard scenarios. However, If only the product you have received is faulty and the replacement is taking more than 3-4 weeks, we will accept the return and refund 100% amount. If the waiting period for replacement is within 4 weeks then we will try to supply our customers a standby product until the original one gets replaced.
Why Choose AV Kart?
There are many online stores nowadays who are selling Hi-Fi equipment. Some of them even displays lucrative disounts but here's how AV Kart is different from them -
- Authorization - We are authorised dealers of each and every brand listed on our store. You will get proper service support and warranty on all the purchased products. You can always ask us for proof of dealerships for all of the listed brands.
- Expertise - We are among the only few online stores having years of experience with Hi-Fi equipment. You can ask us anything about your Hi-Fi home theater setup and you will get the right answer then and there. We have years of hands on experience working with top high-fidelity AV brands.
- On-Site Installation - We offer on-site installation in all the metro cities within 48 hours with the help of our channel partners which are spread across the country. From a single projector to complete home cinema setup, our team can service you at your doorstep.
- After Sales Support - The only issue with Hi-Fi equipment is that you will not find local service centers in every city. Most of the brands have their service centers only in the metro cities and hence it becomes difficult for the customers who are living far away places to claim warranty. At AV Kart, we solve this problem by arranging pikcup and drop facility from the nearest service center with the help of our logistic partners.
- Telephonic Support - In the instances when you buy any product and install it yourself but facing troubles with using it? You can book a call/video call with us to understand the operations of your new equipment.