Lyngdorf Audio BW-20 Overview
BW stands for Boundary woofer – a Lyngdorf approach where a subwoofer is designed to be placed near the wall boundaries, for example right in the corner, achieving the best bass impulse response by avoiding delayed bass bouncing back off the walls, instead taking advantage of room acoustics. The BW-20 is the company’s largest BW model, extending the line-up of the compact in-room woofers BW-2 and BW-3.
Lyngdorf Audio BW-20 Features
The BW-20 is a high-bandwidth woofer, reaching down to 19Hz but also up to 500Hz. This allows seamless integration with any size front speakers and crossover filter type and avoids any sound performance gap even if the front speakers are not low-reaching full-range speakers.
The overall construction with both woofers on one side, closet cabinet design, shallow cabinet depth, and satin-matte finish allow both in-wall and in-room placement. The best performance and speaker integration will be achieved as an in-wall woofer together with in-wall speakers, while the cabinet design also allows placement in the room, used as a free-standing boundary woofer firing into the room or against the wall.
The BW-20 is a boundary woofer that can be placed near the wall boundaries in front corners, to achieve the best impulse response by avoiding delayed bass bouncing back off the walls. This allows the speakers to take full advantage of room acoustics, allowing a wide sound dispersion across a large area.
It is built with a pair of 12" woofers in a rigid cabinet, with vented magnets, double spiders, and aluminum cones. Its overall construction, shallow cabinet depth, and a satin matte finish make it suitable for in-wall and in-room placement.
For larger installations, the BW-20 is complemented by the Lyngdorf LS and Discreet custom installation speaker lines, which were introduced at ISE in Barcelona last year. They are aimed at both stereo and multichannel systems, with seven models crafted to suit different installations from a modern living room with in-wall speakers next to the TV up to the largest home cinema with a big screen and immersive audio.
Lyngdorf Audio BW-20 Specifications
|Description:||Passive boundary woofer closed|
Two 12” long throw +/- 20mm, 67mm voice coil, aluminum cone, double
spider, vented magnet
|Enclosure:||MDF closed 64 L net|
19 – 500 Hz (-3 dB)
Frequency extension depending on EQ
|Nominal Impedance:||4 Ohm|
|Power handling:||700 W (IEC)|
|Maximum SPL:||118 dB|
Shipping Related Questions
It depends on where you are and what you are ordering. All types of speakers will take minimum 4-5 business days as per the delivery location. Products that are not magnetic can be delivered faster if customer agrees to bear air-freight cost.
At AV Kart, we work with reliable logistic partners to handle the deliveries of your expensive Hi-Fi products. 99% of all our deliveries happen smoothly across PAN India. However, at the times of unfortunate events when the delivered item has incurred any sort of damage, AV Kart gaurantees immediate replacement for the same without any questions asked.
Please note that if the transit damage is limited to the packaging e.g. tampered boxes or broken thermocols then the product is not eligible for replacement until and unless there's any technical issue with it internally.
Product Related Questions
At AV Kart, we have a very limited inventory of Hi-Fi brands and that's becayse we have authorised dealerships for all the brands and products you see on our website. Every product is sourced from their respective official Indian distributors. Hence, whatever products you are going to order from us will be certainly 100% original. We always urge our customers to request proof of dealership from any online sellers before buying anything online to ensure that you get the due warranties and service support.
Return and replacement both the options are not available in standard scenarios. However, If only the product you have received is faulty and the replacement is taking more than 3-4 weeks, we will accept the return and refund 100% amount. If the waiting period for replacement is within 4 weeks then we will try to supply our customers a standby product until the original one gets replaced.
Why Choose AV Kart?
There are many online stores nowadays who are selling Hi-Fi equipment. Some of them even displays lucrative disounts but here's how AV Kart is different from them -
- Authorization - We are authorised dealers of each and every brand listed on our store. You will get proper service support and warranty on all the purchased products. You can always ask us for proof of dealerships for all of the listed brands.
- Expertise - We are among the only few online stores having years of experience with Hi-Fi equipment. You can ask us anything about your Hi-Fi home theater setup and you will get the right answer then and there. We have years of hands on experience working with top high-fidelity AV brands.
- On-Site Installation - We offer on-site installation in all the metro cities within 48 hours with the help of our channel partners which are spread across the country. From a single projector to complete home cinema setup, our team can service you at your doorstep.
- After Sales Support - The only issue with Hi-Fi equipment is that you will not find local service centers in every city. Most of the brands have their service centers only in the metro cities and hence it becomes difficult for the customers who are living far away places to claim warranty. At AV Kart, we solve this problem by arranging pikcup and drop facility from the nearest service center with the help of our logistic partners.
- Telephonic Support - In the instances when you buy any product and install it yourself but facing troubles with using it? You can book a call/video call with us to understand the operations of your new equipment.