B&W 607 S2 AE Overview
There's no one way to listen to music – some like leaning back and relaxing while others want to feel every beat. Whatever your preferred listening style, there's a B&W speaker that's right for you!
The Bowers & Wilkins 607 S2 Anniversary Edition is the latest entry-level stand mount from this company's ever-popular 600 Series range, which has now been around for over 25 years. It's a great example of how iterative updates to budget designs can deliver serious improvements in sound quality, and with the new Anniversary Edition, the company has taken its current entry-level line further still by incorporating Continuum cone technology, which was first seen in its flagship 800 Series Diamond models.
B&W 607 S2 AE Features
The Continuum cone is B&W's patented design which uses a high-grade Kevlar cone and an internal bass reflex system to increase the cone's damping properties and reduce the chances of distortion when under load. It's also been treated with Mundorf's special acoustic treatment so that it can better capture and reproduce the natural sonic characteristics of real music.
The Decoupled Double Dome tweeter used in the 600 S2 AE is another of B&W's proven designs, with 38kHz breakup performance that gives it a big, punchy timbre and a very pleasing overall appearance. It's also a bit smaller than its bigger cousins in the 700 Series Signature range, which means it doesn't have quite the same heft, but it still produces a huge level of detail.
It's also capable of displaying impressive scale and depth without being overwhelming, a skill that is often lacking from speakers at this price. This is particularly true when listening to orchestral passages or string quartets, where the 607 S2 AE's acoustic integrity and power ensure that the strings, brass, and bows come through with impressive accuracy.
The 600 S2 AE features the same 5-inch Continuum cone as the other models in this range. It has a nominal impedance of 8O and a claimed sensitivity of 84dB. It's rear-ported, with a flow port reflex port, and also has a brace of dual binding post-speaker terminals for bi-amping or bi-wiring.
It's a compact (207x300x165mm) speaker with a claimed frequency response of 52Hz to 28kHz and a recommended amplifier power range of 30-100 watts. Its claimed sensitivity is less than that of some rivals such as Q Acoustics Concept 20 but this is more than acceptable for today's high-end solid-state amps. The claimed bass response is very good, too, with a minimum of 52Hz and an average of 28Hz at +-3dB.
B&W 607 S2 AE Specifications
|Dimensions||Height: 300mm (11.8 in)
Width: 165mm (6.5 in)
Depth: 207mm (8.1 in) cabinet only
231mm (9.1 in) including grille and terminals
|Net weight||4.7kg (10.4 lb)|
|Technical features||Decoupled Double Dome aluminum tweeter
Continuum™ cone FST™ midrange
|Description||2-way vented-box system|
|Drive units||1x ø25mm (1 in) Aluminum dome high-frequency
1x ø130mm (5 in) Continuum™ cone bass / midrange
|Frequency range||-6dB at 40Hz and 33kHz|
|Frequency response||52Hz - 28kHz ±3dB|
|Sensitivity||84dB SPL (2.83Vrms, 1m)|
|Harmonic distortion||2nd and 3rd harmonics (90dB, 1m)
<1% 110Hz - 22kHz
<0.5% 180Hz - 20kHz
|Nominal impedance||8Ω (minimum 4.0Ω)|
|Recommended amplifier power||30W - 120W into 8Ω on unclipped programme|
Shipping Related Questions
It depends on where you are and what you are ordering. All types of speakers will take minimum 4-5 business days as per the delivery location. Products that are not magnetic can be delivered faster if customer agrees to bear air-freight cost.
At AV Kart, we work with reliable logistic partners to handle the deliveries of your expensive Hi-Fi products. 99% of all our deliveries happen smoothly across PAN India. However, at the times of unfortunate events when the delivered item has incurred any sort of damage, AV Kart gaurantees immediate replacement for the same without any questions asked.
Please note that if the transit damage is limited to the packaging e.g. tampered boxes or broken thermocols then the product is not eligible for replacement until and unless there's any technical issue with it internally.
Product Related Questions
At AV Kart, we have a very limited inventory of Hi-Fi brands and that's becayse we have authorised dealerships for all the brands and products you see on our website. Every product is sourced from their respective official Indian distributors. Hence, whatever products you are going to order from us will be certainly 100% original. We always urge our customers to request proof of dealership from any online sellers before buying anything online to ensure that you get the due warranties and service support.
Return and replacement both the options are not available in standard scenarios. However, If only the product you have received is faulty and the replacement is taking more than 3-4 weeks, we will accept the return and refund 100% amount. If the waiting period for replacement is within 4 weeks then we will try to supply our customers a standby product until the original one gets replaced.
Why Choose AV Kart?
There are many online stores nowadays who are selling Hi-Fi equipment. Some of them even displays lucrative disounts but here's how AV Kart is different from them -
- Authorization - We are authorised dealers of each and every brand listed on our store. You will get proper service support and warranty on all the purchased products. You can always ask us for proof of dealerships for all of the listed brands.
- Expertise - We are among the only few online stores having years of experience with Hi-Fi equipment. You can ask us anything about your Hi-Fi home theater setup and you will get the right answer then and there. We have years of hands on experience working with top high-fidelity AV brands.
- On-Site Installation - We offer on-site installation in all the metro cities within 48 hours with the help of our channel partners which are spread across the country. From a single projector to complete home cinema setup, our team can service you at your doorstep.
- After Sales Support - The only issue with Hi-Fi equipment is that you will not find local service centers in every city. Most of the brands have their service centers only in the metro cities and hence it becomes difficult for the customers who are living far away places to claim warranty. At AV Kart, we solve this problem by arranging pikcup and drop facility from the nearest service center with the help of our logistic partners.
- Telephonic Support - In the instances when you buy any product and install it yourself but facing troubles with using it? You can book a call/video call with us to understand the operations of your new equipment.