B&W CWM8.5 D Overview
For pristine high-frequency sound, the Diamond dome tweeter is decoupled from the speaker body and backed up by an exceptionally stiff and light Diamond diaphragm that reduces unwanted vibrations and delivers pure, distortion-free treble. In addition, the range's only three-way in-wall speaker uses ultra-light yet exceptionally stiff low-frequency Aerofoil drivers for incredible bass performance.
Other components of the CI800 Series Diamond range include B&W's Matrix bracing system to ensure the speakers remain rigid, as well as bi-wirable cables that are guided to the terminal panel through tubes and connected to the baffle with multi-pin connectors. All of these elements have been designed to enable dealers to easily upgrade their clients' audio systems by replacing existing in-ceiling speakers.
B&W CWM8.5 D Features
The CWM8.5 D in-ceiling loudspeaker is available with a specially designed back box that has been engineered to improve the overall sound quality of the speakers and enhance their stability. It's a useful accessory for music and home theatre applications, as it helps to ensure the speaker is properly protected from changes in temperature and humidity, which can have an impact on performance.
Designed for use with the CWM8.5 D in-ceiling speaker, this back box is a simple-to-install accessory that can be completed by a DIY enthusiast or professional. The back box is made to blend in with the ceiling, and it comes with all the necessary hardware and installation instructions.
The CI800 Series Diamond in-wall loudspeaker line from Bowers & Wilkins (B&W) is a product designed to offer homeowners a premium sound experience that's virtually unseen. Using the company's famous Diamond dome tweeters, along with Continuum and Aerofoil midrange drivers, the CI800 series has been developed to deliver great performance for customers who are looking for discreetly installed speakers that aren't going to interfere with their decor or lifestyle.
Three models in the CI800 Series Diamond feature the same decoupled Diamond dome tweeter, as well as Continuum and Aerofoil drivers that have been developed for use in B&W's 800 series floorstanding speakers. The three-way model, the CWM8.3 D, is equipped with a decoupled Diamond dome tweeter, a 5-inch Continuum FST(tm) midrange drive unit, and two 7-inch Aerofoil bass woofers that can be placed either vertically or horizontally in the central baffle.
B&W CWM8.5 D Specifications
|Description||2-way in-wall loudspeaker|
|Technical features||Diamond Dome, Nautilus™ tube-loaded tweeter Anti-resonance plug Flowport™|
|Drive units||1x ø25mm (1in) Diamond Dome, Nautilus™ tube-loaded tweeter 1x ø180mm (7in) Continuum cone bass/ midrange driver with anti-resonance plug|
|Frequency range (-6dB)||35Hz - 35kHz|
|Recommended Amplifier Power||120W|
|Frame height||411mm (16.2in)|
|Frame width||247mm (9.7in)|
|Cut-out height||395mm (15.5in)|
|Cut-out width||231mm (9.1in)|
Shipping Related Questions
It depends on where you are and what you are ordering. All types of speakers will take minimum 4-5 business days as per the delivery location. Products that are not magnetic can be delivered faster if customer agrees to bear air-freight cost.
At AV Kart, we work with reliable logistic partners to handle the deliveries of your expensive Hi-Fi products. 99% of all our deliveries happen smoothly across PAN India. However, at the times of unfortunate events when the delivered item has incurred any sort of damage, AV Kart gaurantees immediate replacement for the same without any questions asked.
Please note that if the transit damage is limited to the packaging e.g. tampered boxes or broken thermocols then the product is not eligible for replacement until and unless there's any technical issue with it internally.
Product Related Questions
At AV Kart, we have a very limited inventory of Hi-Fi brands and that's becayse we have authorised dealerships for all the brands and products you see on our website. Every product is sourced from their respective official Indian distributors. Hence, whatever products you are going to order from us will be certainly 100% original. We always urge our customers to request proof of dealership from any online sellers before buying anything online to ensure that you get the due warranties and service support.
Return and replacement both the options are not available in standard scenarios. However, If only the product you have received is faulty and the replacement is taking more than 3-4 weeks, we will accept the return and refund 100% amount. If the waiting period for replacement is within 4 weeks then we will try to supply our customers a standby product until the original one gets replaced.
Why Choose AV Kart?
There are many online stores nowadays who are selling Hi-Fi equipment. Some of them even displays lucrative disounts but here's how AV Kart is different from them -
- Authorization - We are authorised dealers of each and every brand listed on our store. You will get proper service support and warranty on all the purchased products. You can always ask us for proof of dealerships for all of the listed brands.
- Expertise - We are among the only few online stores having years of experience with Hi-Fi equipment. You can ask us anything about your Hi-Fi home theater setup and you will get the right answer then and there. We have years of hands on experience working with top high-fidelity AV brands.
- On-Site Installation - We offer on-site installation in all the metro cities within 48 hours with the help of our channel partners which are spread across the country. From a single projector to complete home cinema setup, our team can service you at your doorstep.
- After Sales Support - The only issue with Hi-Fi equipment is that you will not find local service centers in every city. Most of the brands have their service centers only in the metro cities and hence it becomes difficult for the customers who are living far away places to claim warranty. At AV Kart, we solve this problem by arranging pikcup and drop facility from the nearest service center with the help of our logistic partners.
- Telephonic Support - In the instances when you buy any product and install it yourself but facing troubles with using it? You can book a call/video call with us to understand the operations of your new equipment.