B&W Formation Duo Overview
The Duo speakers are a great addition to any home, and the sound quality is as good as we've heard from a pair of B&W Formations. It doesn't matter whether you're listening to the White Stripes' Ball & Biscuit or Boards of Canada's Telephasic Workshop, the Duo can provide a powerful and detailed sound that can bring any music to life. The bass performance is equally convincing, especially on the deeper tracks where it's possible to hear the difference between the sealed and ported cabinets.
B&W Formation Duo Features
Bowers & Wilkins may be one of the world's oldest hi-fi companies but its new Formation line is a bold step forward in terms of multi-room systems. Using B&W's wireless system, the Duo is able to communicate with other Formation products in the room and playback music from them in real time.
The B&W Formation Duo is a two-way active stereo speaker with an impressively potent sound, especially for the price at which it's pitched. It's built around a pair of carbon dome tweeters with Continuum cone mid-bass drivers and uses B&W's Matrix bracing to eliminate unwanted resonance.
Setup is incredibly easy with the free Bowers Home app. It automatically detects the speakers in your room, checks they're in the correct position, and enables them to connect to WiFi networks without any passwords or other setup complications. Then it's just a case of updating the speakers, which takes less than five minutes.
The speakers can stream audio from devices such as smartphones, tablets, computers, and even televisions. They're also compatible with the Formation Audio network streamer, which is designed to allow you to connect wired sources through the network receiver and send them through the Duo speakers for playback on your home system.
It's easy to use the B&W Formation Duo with the free Bowers Home app, which will automatically detect the speakers in your room and a WiFi connection for them. You can then simply choose the room, enter the WiFi password and select the device you want to stream from. Then you're ready to begin playing music through the speakers.
B&W Formation Duo Specifications
Height: 395mm (15.6 in)
Width: 197mm (7.8 in)
Depth: 305mm (12 in)
|Net weight||10.6kg (23.4 lb)|
Apple® AirPlay 2® technology
Digital Signal Processing (DSP)
|Description||Wireless High-Performance Speaker System|
1x ø25mm (1 in) Carbon dome high-frequency
1x ø165mm (6.5 in) Continuum cone bass midrange
|Frequency response||25Hz to 33kHz|
|Amplifier power output||2 x 125W|
|Input voltage||100V – 240V – 50/60Hz|
|Power consumption||Below 6 Watts (Sleep)*|
Network (RJ45 Ethernet or WiFi)
USB – service only
Bluetooth® v4.1, Class 2
|AirPlay 2 compatibility||iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch with iOS 11.4 or later, Apple TV 4K or Apple TV (4th Generation) with tv OS 11.4 or later, Mac or PC with iTunes 12.8 or later.|
Shipping Related Questions
It depends on where you are and what you are ordering. All types of speakers will take minimum 4-5 business days as per the delivery location. Products that are not magnetic can be delivered faster if customer agrees to bear air-freight cost.
At AV Kart, we work with reliable logistic partners to handle the deliveries of your expensive Hi-Fi products. 99% of all our deliveries happen smoothly across PAN India. However, at the times of unfortunate events when the delivered item has incurred any sort of damage, AV Kart gaurantees immediate replacement for the same without any questions asked.
Please note that if the transit damage is limited to the packaging e.g. tampered boxes or broken thermocols then the product is not eligible for replacement until and unless there's any technical issue with it internally.
Product Related Questions
At AV Kart, we have a very limited inventory of Hi-Fi brands and that's becayse we have authorised dealerships for all the brands and products you see on our website. Every product is sourced from their respective official Indian distributors. Hence, whatever products you are going to order from us will be certainly 100% original. We always urge our customers to request proof of dealership from any online sellers before buying anything online to ensure that you get the due warranties and service support.
Return and replacement both the options are not available in standard scenarios. However, If only the product you have received is faulty and the replacement is taking more than 3-4 weeks, we will accept the return and refund 100% amount. If the waiting period for replacement is within 4 weeks then we will try to supply our customers a standby product until the original one gets replaced.
Why Choose AV Kart?
There are many online stores nowadays who are selling Hi-Fi equipment. Some of them even displays lucrative disounts but here's how AV Kart is different from them -
- Authorization - We are authorised dealers of each and every brand listed on our store. You will get proper service support and warranty on all the purchased products. You can always ask us for proof of dealerships for all of the listed brands.
- Expertise - We are among the only few online stores having years of experience with Hi-Fi equipment. You can ask us anything about your Hi-Fi home theater setup and you will get the right answer then and there. We have years of hands on experience working with top high-fidelity AV brands.
- On-Site Installation - We offer on-site installation in all the metro cities within 48 hours with the help of our channel partners which are spread across the country. From a single projector to complete home cinema setup, our team can service you at your doorstep.
- After Sales Support - The only issue with Hi-Fi equipment is that you will not find local service centers in every city. Most of the brands have their service centers only in the metro cities and hence it becomes difficult for the customers who are living far away places to claim warranty. At AV Kart, we solve this problem by arranging pikcup and drop facility from the nearest service center with the help of our logistic partners.
- Telephonic Support - In the instances when you buy any product and install it yourself but facing troubles with using it? You can book a call/video call with us to understand the operations of your new equipment.