B&W Panorama 3 Overview
Bowers & Wilkins has a long history of making high-quality loudspeakers, and the Panorama 3 is no exception. It's also a very good-looking soundbar that should fit easily under most TVs, even those with a 50-inch screen size or greater.
B&W is a brand that has a reputation for creating beautiful, well-made products with a design flair that's quite different from the rest of the industry. You may have heard of the Zeppelin wireless speaker, but that's just one example of its design ethos, and it's the same with this soundbar.
It's a simple and effective design, and it's very easy to set up. Once you've installed the bar in your home, simply connect it to your TV using either an HDMI eARC or optical digital input and get ready to listen. It's a pretty straightforward process, and it will automatically use the right one for your source device (though you can force it to switch to HDMI by using the app).
B&W Panorama 3 Features
The design is unobtrusive, with a slimline build that's not too thick to sit under most TVs. It's 46 inches wide and only 2.5 inches tall, which means it should fit under most TVs that have a 50-inch screen or larger.
You can find the HDMI eARC and optical digital ports on the back of the soundbar, along with a USB-C port for charging, an Ethernet port for wired internet access, and the power input. There's an optical digital audio output too, but only for services that are supported by the soundbar, such as AirPlay 2, Alexa, and Spotify Connect.
There's an onboard Wi-Fi antenna, as well as Bluetooth, so you should be able to stream to the bar directly from your phone or tablet if you have an active network. It's worth noting that the Bluetooth connection isn't perfect, and you may experience occasional lag or drop-outs when streaming from your phone.
Music playback is a joy to listen to, thanks to the sharpness and clarity of the high frequencies. The vocals on Takuya Kuroda's Fade are incredibly crisp and lean in tone, while the cymbal crashes on the soundtrack to Selling Sunset reveal plenty of detail without any sibilance or harshness.
The Bass is very good too, although it's not quite as deep or dynamic as you'd expect from a soundbar with dedicated bass drivers, and the subwoofers don't do much in the way of mid-range.
Despite the lack of dedicated speakers, the soundstage is spacious and very detailed - especially when listening to Dolby Atmos content on both 4K Blu-rays and video streams. The only area where it can be slightly dull is with lossy Atmos tracks compared to true HD or lossy Digital Plus versions of movies.
The only real omission is that there's no support for wireless rear speakers to add a sense of surround sound. This would make the Panorama more suitable for those who want to create a full surround set-up, though it's not a problem that we can't see B&W solving in the future.
B&W Panorama 3 Specifications
Height: 65mm (2.5in)
Depth: 140mm (5.5in)
|Net weight||6.5kg (14.3lb)|
Discrete Dolby Atmos® 3.1.2
Dolby® True HD
Compatible with Bowers & Wilkins Music App
|Description||Wireless Dolby Atmos® Soundbar|
3 x 19mm (0.75in) Titanium dome tweeter
6 x 50mm (2in) Woven glass fiber cone bass/midrange
2 x 50mm (2in) Woven glass fi ber cone atmosdrive unit
2 x 100mm (4in) Low profi le bass unit
|Frequency response||43Hz- 48kHz|
|Amplifier power output||400W|
|Input voltage||100V - 240V, 50/60Hz|
|Power consumption||Below 2W (Standby)*|
1 x HDMI eARC
1 x Digital Audio In (Toslink)
1 x RJ45 Ethernet
1 x USB-C (service connection only)
Bluetooth 5, class 2
|AirPlay 2 compatibility||iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch with iOS 11.4 or later, Apple TV 4K or Apple TV (4th Generation)with tv OS 11.4 or later, Mac or PC with iTunes12.8 or later.|
Shipping Related Questions
It depends on where you are and what you are ordering. All types of speakers will take minimum 4-5 business days as per the delivery location. Products that are not magnetic can be delivered faster if customer agrees to bear air-freight cost.
At AV Kart, we work with reliable logistic partners to handle the deliveries of your expensive Hi-Fi products. 99% of all our deliveries happen smoothly across PAN India. However, at the times of unfortunate events when the delivered item has incurred any sort of damage, AV Kart gaurantees immediate replacement for the same without any questions asked.
Please note that if the transit damage is limited to the packaging e.g. tampered boxes or broken thermocols then the product is not eligible for replacement until and unless there's any technical issue with it internally.
Product Related Questions
At AV Kart, we have a very limited inventory of Hi-Fi brands and that's becayse we have authorised dealerships for all the brands and products you see on our website. Every product is sourced from their respective official Indian distributors. Hence, whatever products you are going to order from us will be certainly 100% original. We always urge our customers to request proof of dealership from any online sellers before buying anything online to ensure that you get the due warranties and service support.
Return and replacement both the options are not available in standard scenarios. However, If only the product you have received is faulty and the replacement is taking more than 3-4 weeks, we will accept the return and refund 100% amount. If the waiting period for replacement is within 4 weeks then we will try to supply our customers a standby product until the original one gets replaced.
Why Choose AV Kart?
There are many online stores nowadays who are selling Hi-Fi equipment. Some of them even displays lucrative disounts but here's how AV Kart is different from them -
- Authorization - We are authorised dealers of each and every brand listed on our store. You will get proper service support and warranty on all the purchased products. You can always ask us for proof of dealerships for all of the listed brands.
- Expertise - We are among the only few online stores having years of experience with Hi-Fi equipment. You can ask us anything about your Hi-Fi home theater setup and you will get the right answer then and there. We have years of hands on experience working with top high-fidelity AV brands.
- On-Site Installation - We offer on-site installation in all the metro cities within 48 hours with the help of our channel partners which are spread across the country. From a single projector to complete home cinema setup, our team can service you at your doorstep.
- After Sales Support - The only issue with Hi-Fi equipment is that you will not find local service centers in every city. Most of the brands have their service centers only in the metro cities and hence it becomes difficult for the customers who are living far away places to claim warranty. At AV Kart, we solve this problem by arranging pikcup and drop facility from the nearest service center with the help of our logistic partners.
- Telephonic Support - In the instances when you buy any product and install it yourself but facing troubles with using it? You can book a call/video call with us to understand the operations of your new equipment.