B&W 707 S3 Overview
All three floorstanders in the 700 Series feature new Flowports - larger-diameter versions of the Flowports found on the 800 Series Diamonds. This gives them a sonic edge over the other floorstanders while retaining all the refinements and acoustic quality that have become hallmarks of the brand.
The other main selling point is that the B&W 707 S3 is very affordable compared to its bigger brother, the 702 S3. It has the same Tweeter-on-Top tech and Biomimetic suspension, but a port that doesn't fire down, like the 702's, and a slightly smaller Continuum cone bass/midrange driver, which is a step down in size from the 702's (both have 6in drivers).
The B&W 707 S3 is the slimmest speaker in the Bowers & Wilkins 700 Series line, but it packs an impressive performance punch. Designed to work in smaller rooms, it has a Carbon Dome tweeter and Continuum cone mid-bass, plus a curved baffle to reduce diffraction and provide a smooth soundstage.
B&W 707 S3 Features
It also features a new elongated tube-loading system, and vented voice coils and magnets to boost efficiency. It has a slightly lower sensitivity (85dB vs. 87dB) and can be paired with the newly-designed FS-700 S3 stands for added stability.
B&W claims its new S3 speakers 'bring studio sound home', and we think it's a fair claim. They're a major step up from the company's previous S2 models, and represent the pinnacle of Bowers & Wilkins engineering.
They've undergone extensive revisions, including a greater emphasis on bypass capacitors from Mundorf and beefed-up heatsinks. The crossovers themselves have also been revised.
In addition, they've gained a pair of Aerofoil Profile bass cones, which are a composite sandwich of materials with a carefully formed variable profile to help deliver a more natural and refined sound.
These are a great match for the new Carbon Dome tweeters, which raise the breakup threshold to 47kHz for a much sharper image and detailed insight into your music.
It's a very impressive design that will give you a hugely rewarding listening experience for a fraction of the cost of most other loudspeakers.
They're the flagship floorstander in the new 700 Series and feature a Tweeter-on-Top tech and Biomimetic Suspension, along with larger diameter Flowports that fire downwards from an integrated plinth. The port also utilizes premium stainless steel M6 spikes, which is a cut above the slightly less heavy-duty M10 that's included with the 702 S3.
That makes for a pretty substantial sonic upgrade. You can't get away from the fact that these speakers are incredibly well-built, and the finish is just as good as we've seen in the latest 800 Series Diamonds.
And they're a lot more comfortable to listen to than they look, which is another big plus for the B&W 707 S3. The design means it doesn't take up much space on the floor, which can be handy if you don't have a room dedicated to them.
B&W 707 S3 Specifications
Dimensions Height: 300mm (11.8 in) cabinet only
Width: 165mm (6.5 in) cabinet only
Depth: 247mm (9.7 in) cabinet only
284mm (11.2 in) including grille and terminals
Net weight 6.16kg (13.6 lb)
Technical features Decoupled Carbon Dome tweeter
Continuum™ cone bass / midrange
Max recommended cable impedance 0.1Ω Description 2-way vented-box system Drive units 1x ø25mm (1 in) Decoupled Carbon Dome high-frequency
1x ø130mm (5 in) Continuum cone bass / midrange
Frequency range 45Hz and 33kHz Frequency response 50Hz - 28kHz ±3dB Sensitivity 84dB spl (2.83Vrms, 1m) Harmonic distortion 2nd and 3rd harmonics (90dB, 1m on axis)
<1% 100Hz - 22kHz
<0.5% 150Hz - 20kHz
Nominal impedance 8Ω (minimum 4.0Ω) Recommended amplifier power 30W - 100W into 8Ω on unclipped programme
Cabinet finishes Gloss Black
Grille finishes Black
Grey (Satin White only)
Shipping Related Questions
It depends on where you are and what you are ordering. All types of speakers will take minimum 4-5 business days as per the delivery location. Products that are not magnetic can be delivered faster if customer agrees to bear air-freight cost.
At AV Kart, we work with reliable logistic partners to handle the deliveries of your expensive Hi-Fi products. 99% of all our deliveries happen smoothly across PAN India. However, at the times of unfortunate events when the delivered item has incurred any sort of damage, AV Kart gaurantees immediate replacement for the same without any questions asked.
Please note that if the transit damage is limited to the packaging e.g. tampered boxes or broken thermocols then the product is not eligible for replacement until and unless there's any technical issue with it internally.
Product Related Questions
At AV Kart, we have a very limited inventory of Hi-Fi brands and that's becayse we have authorised dealerships for all the brands and products you see on our website. Every product is sourced from their respective official Indian distributors. Hence, whatever products you are going to order from us will be certainly 100% original. We always urge our customers to request proof of dealership from any online sellers before buying anything online to ensure that you get the due warranties and service support.
Return and replacement both the options are not available in standard scenarios. However, If only the product you have received is faulty and the replacement is taking more than 3-4 weeks, we will accept the return and refund 100% amount. If the waiting period for replacement is within 4 weeks then we will try to supply our customers a standby product until the original one gets replaced.
Why Choose AV Kart?
There are many online stores nowadays who are selling Hi-Fi equipment. Some of them even displays lucrative disounts but here's how AV Kart is different from them -
- Authorization - We are authorised dealers of each and every brand listed on our store. You will get proper service support and warranty on all the purchased products. You can always ask us for proof of dealerships for all of the listed brands.
- Expertise - We are among the only few online stores having years of experience with Hi-Fi equipment. You can ask us anything about your Hi-Fi home theater setup and you will get the right answer then and there. We have years of hands on experience working with top high-fidelity AV brands.
- On-Site Installation - We offer on-site installation in all the metro cities within 48 hours with the help of our channel partners which are spread across the country. From a single projector to complete home cinema setup, our team can service you at your doorstep.
- After Sales Support - The only issue with Hi-Fi equipment is that you will not find local service centers in every city. Most of the brands have their service centers only in the metro cities and hence it becomes difficult for the customers who are living far away places to claim warranty. At AV Kart, we solve this problem by arranging pikcup and drop facility from the nearest service center with the help of our logistic partners.
- Telephonic Support - In the instances when you buy any product and install it yourself but facing troubles with using it? You can book a call/video call with us to understand the operations of your new equipment.