B&W FS 700 S3 Overview
The FS 700 S3 stands have been upgraded to match the slimmer and curved profile of the stand mount and center channel speakers. They're supplied as a pair and come in complementary black or silver finishes to complement any decor.
They have fillable columns and can be filled with ballast or sand to add mass and improve vibration damping. Cable management is also included, with threaded inserts underneath each model of the speaker to secure them safely.
Compatibility: The FS700 S3 stand is designed to work with the 700 Series bookshelf speakers, including the 707 S3, 706 S3, and 705 S3. It's sold separately.
The floor-standing models in the FS 700 Series are fitted with upgraded spikes that are suitable for heavier weights and help anchor the speakers to the floor. This includes stainless steel M6 spikes on the 702 S3 floorstander, a heavy-duty M10 on the 707 S3, and M10 and M6 on the 705 S3 and HTM72 S3.
B&W FS 700 S3 Features
The new Bowers & Wilkins FS 700 Series range is a step up in performance over the company's previous models, with slimmer cabinets and updated Flowports that help deliver a more expansive sound. The revised form also reduces the impact of the loudspeaker's cabinet on the audio output by minimizing "cabinet diffraction," which can cause coloration and lower sound purity.
All speakers in the FS 700 Series have been redesigned, with thinner front baffles and drive units mounted inside pods that stand out a quarter inch from the front baffle. This is in addition to the Matrix bracing used on previous models that help keep drivers out of the baffle.
Four of the FS 700 Series models, including 702 S3, 703 S3, and 705 S3 floorstanders and HTM71 S3 center speaker feature B&W's Solid Body Tweeter-on-Top design with a carbon-dome tweeter. These are the only models that employ the trickle-down technology, with B&W claiming it allows the tweeter to operate more efficiently and provide an open, spacious soundstage.
The tweeter pods on the 700 Series are said to be longer than those in earlier designs and have been improved with a larger loading tube to dissipate the rear waves created by the driver. The pods are also machined out of solid blocks of aluminum, which provides a more effective heatsink and improves durability.
The FS 700 Series' tweeters feature B&W's Biomimetic suspension. This uses the same trickle-down technology that trickles down to the mid/bass drivers to improve bass response and increase low-frequency extension.
All 700 Series floor-standing speakers benefit from the updated Flowports, which are bigger and more substantial for increased output and a more expansive sound. All floorstanders also feature re-orientated ports that fire downwards, which B&W says makes them easier to locate in any room.
Shipping Related Questions
It depends on where you are and what you are ordering. All types of speakers will take minimum 4-5 business days as per the delivery location. Products that are not magnetic can be delivered faster if customer agrees to bear air-freight cost.
At AV Kart, we work with reliable logistic partners to handle the deliveries of your expensive Hi-Fi products. 99% of all our deliveries happen smoothly across PAN India. However, at the times of unfortunate events when the delivered item has incurred any sort of damage, AV Kart gaurantees immediate replacement for the same without any questions asked.
Please note that if the transit damage is limited to the packaging e.g. tampered boxes or broken thermocols then the product is not eligible for replacement until and unless there's any technical issue with it internally.
Product Related Questions
At AV Kart, we have a very limited inventory of Hi-Fi brands and that's becayse we have authorised dealerships for all the brands and products you see on our website. Every product is sourced from their respective official Indian distributors. Hence, whatever products you are going to order from us will be certainly 100% original. We always urge our customers to request proof of dealership from any online sellers before buying anything online to ensure that you get the due warranties and service support.
Return and replacement both the options are not available in standard scenarios. However, If only the product you have received is faulty and the replacement is taking more than 3-4 weeks, we will accept the return and refund 100% amount. If the waiting period for replacement is within 4 weeks then we will try to supply our customers a standby product until the original one gets replaced.
Why Choose AV Kart?
There are many online stores nowadays who are selling Hi-Fi equipment. Some of them even displays lucrative disounts but here's how AV Kart is different from them -
- Authorization - We are authorised dealers of each and every brand listed on our store. You will get proper service support and warranty on all the purchased products. You can always ask us for proof of dealerships for all of the listed brands.
- Expertise - We are among the only few online stores having years of experience with Hi-Fi equipment. You can ask us anything about your Hi-Fi home theater setup and you will get the right answer then and there. We have years of hands on experience working with top high-fidelity AV brands.
- On-Site Installation - We offer on-site installation in all the metro cities within 48 hours with the help of our channel partners which are spread across the country. From a single projector to complete home cinema setup, our team can service you at your doorstep.
- After Sales Support - The only issue with Hi-Fi equipment is that you will not find local service centers in every city. Most of the brands have their service centers only in the metro cities and hence it becomes difficult for the customers who are living far away places to claim warranty. At AV Kart, we solve this problem by arranging pikcup and drop facility from the nearest service center with the help of our logistic partners.
- Telephonic Support - In the instances when you buy any product and install it yourself but facing troubles with using it? You can book a call/video call with us to understand the operations of your new equipment.