Emotiva XPA-DR3 Overview
The XPA-DR3 is a three-channel, high-powered audiophile power amplifier that uses a matched combination of Differential Reference amplifier modules to deliver a superior quality of sound. The Differential Reference Modules use the same circuit topology as Emotiva's legendary XPR power amps to deliver remarkably exact and pure audio signals to the complementary output stages of every channel.
The stereo XPA-DR3 delivers 550W into 8 ohms and provides balanced amplification to each channel. It uses a regulated Switch Mode Power Supply (SMPS) to blend traditional Class A/B and Class H technologies for the perfect balance of quality and power.
Emotiva XPA-DR3 Features
XPA-DR3 is built with an industrial chassis that houses a massively overdesigned, entirely regulated, 3 kilowatt SMPS and up to three Differential Reference amplifier Modules. Unlike most other power amplifiers that require upgrading their internal components to increase the number of channels they can handle, XPA-DR3 can be expanded to up to fourteen channels in an additional chassis, so you never have to upgrade again!
In addition to the SMPS, XPA-DR3 also utilizes Emotiva's Soft-Switch Class H Power topology, enabling each output stage to operate at a lower voltage to attenuate quiescent power consumption and standby power losses. This technique occurs consistently in real-time, permitting larger overall potency, cooler operation, longer element life, reduced power consumption, and greater reliability.
DR3 is equipped with both balanced XLR and unbalanced RCA phono inputs for maximum flexibility when connecting to an Emotiva processor or other AV receiver. The XPA-DR3 is designed to be used with all Emotiva AV processors, but can also be used with other brands of AV receivers and processors.
Each XPA-DR3 features a machined aluminum faceplate, with blue LED status displays on each channel and a Standby button to indicate if the unit is in Standby or On. It also features a halo ring around the Standby button that changes color to indicate if there is a fault.
Emotiva XPA-DR3 Specification
|Power Output|| 450 watts RMS, per channel, into 8 Ohms, at <0.1% THD.
600 watts RMS, per channel, into 4 Ohms, at <0.1% THD
|Power Bandwidth||(at rated power; 4 Ohm - 8 Ohm load): 20 Hz to 20 kHz (+ / – 0.1 dB).|
|Broad Band Frequency Response:||
20 Hz to 50 kHz +0/-2 dB.
THD + noise: < 0.015%; at 100 watts RMS; 1 kHz; 8 Ohms.
|Signal to Noise Ratio (8 Ohm load):||
120 dB; ref FTC rated power; unbalanced input (A-weighted).
|Minimum Recommended Load Impedance (per channel):||
(8 Ohm load): > 500.
(for rated power; 8 Ohm load): 2.0 V.
Input And Output
|Input Connections:||Unbalanced (RCA); balanced (XLR); one each, per channel, user selectable.|
|Speaker Output Connections:||Audiophile grade, gold plated, 5-way binding posts.|
|Trigger Input:||5 – 12 V (AC or DC); <10 mA input current required.|
|Trigger Output:||12 VDC; can drive any load up to 120 mA.|
|Between 100 VAC and 250 VAC @ 50 / 60 Hz (automatically detected).|
Front Panel Controls and Indicators
push button (halo ring changes color to indicate Standby or On).
one per channel; blue.
Status LEDs change to red to indicate a fault condition.
Rear Panel Controls
|AC Power switch:||rocker switch (switches AC main power).|
|Input selector switches (one per channel):||
metal toggle switches; select between balanced and unbalanced inputs.
Press the button to reset circuit breaker.
|The XPA-DR3 is protected against excessive operating temperature, shorted speaker connections, ground faults, and other common fault conditions.|
17” wide x 8” high x 19” deep (unboxed; including feet).
49.5 lbs (unboxed).
54.5 lbs (boxed).
Shipping Related Questions
It depends on where you are and what you are ordering. All types of speakers will take minimum 4-5 business days as per the delivery location. Products that are not magnetic can be delivered faster if customer agrees to bear air-freight cost.
At AV Kart, we work with reliable logistic partners to handle the deliveries of your expensive Hi-Fi products. 99% of all our deliveries happen smoothly across PAN India. However, at the times of unfortunate events when the delivered item has incurred any sort of damage, AV Kart gaurantees immediate replacement for the same without any questions asked.
Please note that if the transit damage is limited to the packaging e.g. tampered boxes or broken thermocols then the product is not eligible for replacement until and unless there's any technical issue with it internally.
Product Related Questions
At AV Kart, we have a very limited inventory of Hi-Fi brands and that's becayse we have authorised dealerships for all the brands and products you see on our website. Every product is sourced from their respective official Indian distributors. Hence, whatever products you are going to order from us will be certainly 100% original. We always urge our customers to request proof of dealership from any online sellers before buying anything online to ensure that you get the due warranties and service support.
Return and replacement both the options are not available in standard scenarios. However, If only the product you have received is faulty and the replacement is taking more than 3-4 weeks, we will accept the return and refund 100% amount. If the waiting period for replacement is within 4 weeks then we will try to supply our customers a standby product until the original one gets replaced.
Why Choose AV Kart?
There are many online stores nowadays who are selling Hi-Fi equipment. Some of them even displays lucrative disounts but here's how AV Kart is different from them -
- Authorization - We are authorised dealers of each and every brand listed on our store. You will get proper service support and warranty on all the purchased products. You can always ask us for proof of dealerships for all of the listed brands.
- Expertise - We are among the only few online stores having years of experience with Hi-Fi equipment. You can ask us anything about your Hi-Fi home theater setup and you will get the right answer then and there. We have years of hands on experience working with top high-fidelity AV brands.
- On-Site Installation - We offer on-site installation in all the metro cities within 48 hours with the help of our channel partners which are spread across the country. From a single projector to complete home cinema setup, our team can service you at your doorstep.
- After Sales Support - The only issue with Hi-Fi equipment is that you will not find local service centers in every city. Most of the brands have their service centers only in the metro cities and hence it becomes difficult for the customers who are living far away places to claim warranty. At AV Kart, we solve this problem by arranging pikcup and drop facility from the nearest service center with the help of our logistic partners.
- Telephonic Support - In the instances when you buy any product and install it yourself but facing troubles with using it? You can book a call/video call with us to understand the operations of your new equipment.