B&W DB3D Overview
In terms of connectivity, B&W has opted to keep the connection count 'lite' with only stereo RCA and stereo-balanced XLR sockets that can handle any one of the two inputs. This is a smart design, as it means the sub can be placed at any angle, and should require similar amounts of airspace on either side for best performance.
For those who prefer a 'traditional' installation, B&W will supply spikes and silicon domes for floor-standing and other types of installations, and tall rubber feet to mount the unit on floors. In our test, they worked well on carpeted floors and even suspended floors.
For those who want to add a high-quality subwoofer to their home cinema or custom installation, B&W's DB3D is an ideal option. This premium model is part of the company's new DB series that incorporates Aerofoil drivers and digital technologies to deliver a high-power, high-performance subwoofer.
It's also controlled and set up using a free app, available for iOS and Android devices, which makes it easier than ever to configure the DB3D and optimize its performance. It provides positioning guides, independent controls for phono and XLR inputs, plus stereo/LFE operation and audio preset modes.
B&W DB3D Features
A bespoke 1,000W Class D amplifier sits neatly into the base plinth and is powered by Hypex technology. This is a much different approach to conventional subwoofer plate amplifiers, which are bolted to the rear of the cabinet. The sub's two 200mm woofers are mounted back to back in an opposed balanced configuration, which greatly reduces cabinet vibration and gives a cleaner, more precise sound.
This helps ensure the DB3D delivers a deep, taut bass without sacrificing clarity or definition. Combined with the DB3D's excellent dynamic and ambiance equalization, this means the sub can be tuned to suit every room - from the most prestigious home cinema setup to a customized installation or two-channel Hi-Fi system.
The DB3D's two drivers are set up in a balanced configuration, which uses back pressure in the sealed cabinet to further damp driver excursion and massively reduce cabinet vibration. As a result, the DB3D delivers a deep, agile, precise bass that's coloration-free.
It's also equipped with a digital pre-amplifier, so its output is always at optimum levels. This includes a Dynamic EQ that adjusts the output level according to the size and type of speaker you're playing through, as well as an advanced Room EQ that allows you to tailor the subwoofer's performance to suit your room acoustics.
B&W DB3D Specifications
Height: 360mm (14.1 in)
Width: 320mm (12.6 in)
Depth: 300mm (11.8 in)
1000w Class D Hypex amplifier
2 x 200mm (8 in) Aerofoil™ cone drive units in a balanced configuration
Digital preamplifier with Dynamic EQ
App-based set-up and BT-LE control
|Description||DB Series Subwoofer|
|Drive units||2 x 200mm (8 in) Aerofoil™ cone drive units in a balanced configuration|
|Frequency range||-6dB at 8.5Hz - 500Hz|
|Frequency response||10Hz - 350 Hz -3dB (centered on the level at 100Hz)|
|Max power output||1000W|
2 x XLR
2 x RCA
2 x 3.5mm 12V trigger
RS-232 - 9-pin D connector
Shipping Related Questions
It depends on where you are and what you are ordering. All types of speakers will take minimum 4-5 business days as per the delivery location. Products that are not magnetic can be delivered faster if customer agrees to bear air-freight cost.
At AV Kart, we work with reliable logistic partners to handle the deliveries of your expensive Hi-Fi products. 99% of all our deliveries happen smoothly across PAN India. However, at the times of unfortunate events when the delivered item has incurred any sort of damage, AV Kart gaurantees immediate replacement for the same without any questions asked.
Please note that if the transit damage is limited to the packaging e.g. tampered boxes or broken thermocols then the product is not eligible for replacement until and unless there's any technical issue with it internally.
Product Related Questions
At AV Kart, we have a very limited inventory of Hi-Fi brands and that's becayse we have authorised dealerships for all the brands and products you see on our website. Every product is sourced from their respective official Indian distributors. Hence, whatever products you are going to order from us will be certainly 100% original. We always urge our customers to request proof of dealership from any online sellers before buying anything online to ensure that you get the due warranties and service support.
Return and replacement both the options are not available in standard scenarios. However, If only the product you have received is faulty and the replacement is taking more than 3-4 weeks, we will accept the return and refund 100% amount. If the waiting period for replacement is within 4 weeks then we will try to supply our customers a standby product until the original one gets replaced.
Why Choose AV Kart?
There are many online stores nowadays who are selling Hi-Fi equipment. Some of them even displays lucrative disounts but here's how AV Kart is different from them -
- Authorization - We are authorised dealers of each and every brand listed on our store. You will get proper service support and warranty on all the purchased products. You can always ask us for proof of dealerships for all of the listed brands.
- Expertise - We are among the only few online stores having years of experience with Hi-Fi equipment. You can ask us anything about your Hi-Fi home theater setup and you will get the right answer then and there. We have years of hands on experience working with top high-fidelity AV brands.
- On-Site Installation - We offer on-site installation in all the metro cities within 48 hours with the help of our channel partners which are spread across the country. From a single projector to complete home cinema setup, our team can service you at your doorstep.
- After Sales Support - The only issue with Hi-Fi equipment is that you will not find local service centers in every city. Most of the brands have their service centers only in the metro cities and hence it becomes difficult for the customers who are living far away places to claim warranty. At AV Kart, we solve this problem by arranging pikcup and drop facility from the nearest service center with the help of our logistic partners.
- Telephonic Support - In the instances when you buy any product and install it yourself but facing troubles with using it? You can book a call/video call with us to understand the operations of your new equipment.